Thursday, May 6, 2004





Our beautiful little Angle Lilly Maree Lesley was born an angel on Thursday 6th May 2004.

I was booked in to be induced on Thursday at 3pm, Jeff went to work for the morning and I stayed at home and rested, I realized that I didn't think I had had any movement that morning and drank a few glasses of cold water to see if I could get any movement I remember laying down after that and I feel asleep when I woke up I had forgotten all about it as I had a shower and got ready for the hospital, Jeff arrived home and just as we were checking we had everything I started having some pains which continued in the car and were about five minutes apart and a little painful, I said to my Jeff that I think I am having contractions.

We arrived at the hospital and went into a labour ward where they tried to put the monitor on to measure her heartbeat the midwife was having trouble locating a good trace she told us and she said she was leaving to page my ob, my ob arrived a short time later and they brought in a mobile scanner as soon as my ob scanned my belly I knew what she was going to say, It was the worst news I have ever heard in my life she told us that our baby had gone.

I went ahead with labour which was really hard to do I given an epidural so as not to have any pain but it could help the pain I was and still am feeling in my heart.

Lilly was born at 11.37pm a sweet and precious little angle. She stayed with us in hospital until we left on the Saturday morning, my DH and I feel so special to have spent that time with here and will never forget it.

The hardest part I find is not knowing why they think that placenta had a bleed and she was distressed as she had pooed inside, we are still awaiting the results of the placenta but we may never know the real reason.









No comments:

Post a Comment